Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Suppose all your email was blocked ...

I've been getting a lot of emails kicked back to me lately. Many, but not all of them, were from Time Warner's Road Runner accounts. The mail server message indicated that the problem was that the Time Warner server identified my Greenlight server as "spam" and blocked delivery. I filed an "unblock" request with the Time Warner server and also alerted my Greenlight provider about the problem.

But I also realized that Time Warner and its commercial Internet provider colleagues had just lost a legislative battle against municipal broadband, such as Wilson's Greenlight. If Time Warner wanted to get its revenge against the providers of municipal broadband and their customers, wouldn't disrupting their emails be a great way to do it? The thought certainly occurred to me as I sifted through my kicked back emails.

No comments: