Tuesday, October 7, 2008

New blog, new address, same blogger

Warning: Blogging can be addictive, especially for someone who has an opinion about just about every little thing there is. So here I am at a new location, still blogging, although my former employer has cut loose the connection to my old blog.
If you have an interest, the old blog can still be found here, at least for the time being.
That blog started at the direction of my former employer, who wanted his then-editor to write a blog, so I did. Recognizing that consistency was important for a blog to gain an audience, I began blogging every working day. Whether I gained any audience or not, I don't know. I know that very few people ever commented on my blog, but a handful of acquaintances would mention that they had read one of my blogs. I never got any statistics about "hits" or "unique visitors" from the Web czars where I worked.
My former employer no longer wants my blog connected to his Web site (you may have noticed a blank spot where my face and links to my blog used to be), so I've decided to continue my blogging elsewhere, under a new name. If this were a breakfast cereal or a laundry detergent, it might be labeled "new and improved." Honestly, it's a repackaging of what I had been doing the past three years or so (sorry the blog archives in that other place don't go back that far).
I'll comment on politics (the election is four weeks from today), life, aging, ethics, culture, literature, society, and anything else that interests me. My old blog was thrown together in spare moments between all the other duties that were heaped on my now-vacant desk. This new blog will, I hope, be more thoughtful, literate, considerate, readable, interesting ... but, what the heck, it's a blog, not literature! It will be my random thoughts of the moment.
I hope to attract a larger audience and more comments than I'd had before. That might be a small and limited goal. At any rate, I've got the blogging habit, and I'm not going to stop now.
Now that you know where to find me, come back again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to continuing to read your thoughts Hal

Pam Mitcham said...

I'm also looking forward to keeping up with your thoughts.

Anonymous said...

Look at it this way: now you can say whatever you want!