Wednesday, November 26, 2008

New policy will regulate comments

No, I will not allow this blog to devolve into the new version of the Wilson Times now-canceled Forum. That venue was canceled for a reason: It had become nothing more than a gripe bulletin board for a handful of malcontents who liked nothing better than deriding their community and all who occupy it. I  had nothing to do with the decision to cancel the Forum, but I believe it was the right decision.
I won't let this blog descend to that gutter. Apparently some refugees from the Forum had migrated to this blog and were continuing their negative, hateful remarks here. I won't allow it. Therefore, I have changed the settings regulating comments. You can still make comments anonymously, but all comments will be vetted through me before posting. Therefore, you can write all the personal attacks and insults you want — they just won't be posted on this site.
I do welcome and encourage anyone who wants to comment on the topics I raise.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is a shame that you have to come to these decisions. I think the 'times' forum should not have closed. Everyone one is entittled to their 'opinion' but I suppose the bad thing is finding a place to voice their/our opinion w/o ramifications. But when you do voice your opinion expect someone else out their in technoland will have another.

The bad thing about the 'times' was the 'outing' of some of the participants who thought their anonymity was safe. Sadly grown-ups could not act as such.

Happy thanksgiving and yes, you and we all have much to be THANKFUL for in this great Wilson Community.

Anonymous said...

....sorry about the grammer and spelling mistakes above.

everyone x(one)x
their=there
should read: Sadly grown-ups could not act more mature.
thanksgiving=Thanksgiving

dang I need to be more careful when spouting off! :)

Anonymous said...

I agree with your decision to monitor the comments to your blog entries. It is sad that a few immature individuals ruined the public service that the Wilson Daily Times provided.

Don't lose faith, God has a plan for you.

Matthew 7:7-8
7Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: 8For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

Happy Thanksgiving!