Monday, March 23, 2009

An updated photo for Erstwhile Editor

It's Monday, a new week for the Erstwhile Editor, and I've posted a new photo on my blog. The previous photo was taken several years ago on a trip to the mountains. It showed me sitting on the porch of a mountain cabin, wearing glasses that are a bit out of date. Despite its age, the photo provided a good enough representation of my appearance, I thought. Because I'm the family photographer, there are few pictures in our files of me.
The new photo is a couple of weeks old, taken this month (March 2009) on a trip to Williamsburg, Va. My wife took the picture as I sat in a cozy leather wing chair in our hotel room. I fell in love with the chair with its deep wings and comfortable seat and wanted a picture of me in the chair. The classy chair could only improve my appearance.
My glasses are missing in this photo, not because my eyesight has improved or because I've begun wearing contacts. My near-sighted vision is not so bad, unless I'm trying to read distant signs in poor light. I read and work at the computer without my glasses, so I wasn't wearing my glasses when this photo was taken.
I'll leave it to others to decide how much aging the new photo shows compared to the old picture from about a dozen years ago. Good or bad, the new picture represents truth in packaging.

No comments: