Monday, April 19, 2010

What's it worth?


Basic economics says the cost of any item is whatever a willing buyer is willing to pay a willing seller. That being the case, what is the car I've driven for 14 years worth? Is it determined by the 145,000 miles on the odometer or the air bag module that no longer works? Or is determined by the care I've given the car these many years or by the joys it has provided on twisty mountain roads?

All of the above. I've resigned myself to the fact that I will put the car on the market, and I'll seek a fair price for it. But I will also miss it terribly when the sun is bright and warm in the blue sky and the road ahead turns sharply and climbs or falls away.

1 comment:

Ginny said...

You can't put a price on all of those great memories. Fortunately, you don't have to sell those.